The current average salary of an Personal Care Assistant is $47,800 - 53,000 annually
A personal care assistant provides help, support and care to patients in their daily activities directly in each client’s homes or in hospitals, aged care or healthcare organisations. Most staff work part time due to the physical and mental demands of the job. This sector will grow strongly over the next 5 years due to an ageing population and a related demand for such staff.
Read more about the Community Services industry.
A personal care assistant provides care for patients who are ill, aged or disabled by helping with daily activities like feeding, bathing, dressing, running errands and routine housekeeping.
- A caring, empathetic and perceptive personality
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Physically fit to be able to do manual labour
- Ability to make sound decisions and work under pressure
- Good communication skills