The current average salary of an
is $86,100 - 117,000 annually
What does a Program Coordinator do?
A program coordinator develops, oversees and reviews the organisation’s programs, projects, services and contracts, liaising with other teams and senior staff to complete a project successfully.
What are the key skills of a Program Coordinator?
Program coordinators help develop, administer and monitor administrative and human resource tasks.
- Attention to detail and good organisation skills
- Good at problem solving and taking initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organise oneself as well as a team
- Motivated to achieve targets and foster a good team environment
How to become a Program Coordinator
Formal qualifications are not required to become a Program Coordinator, however, having the relevant skills and knowledge from a course may give you a competitive advantage. To be successful in the role, you'll need to be highly skilled in project management, budgeting, and reporting.
Studying BSB404920 - Certificate IV in Project Management Practice can help you develop the skill set needed to pursue this career pathway.