The current average salary of an
is $55,000 - 78,000 annually
A project assistant works alongside a project manager to effectively guide their team and achieve product/service goals. Employment for this role is expected to grow moderately to 2022, from 113,300 workers in 2017 to 121,700 by 2022. 109,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the project management industry.
Project assistants help coordinate their team members to achieve project objectives. They also facilitate communication and assist with administrative duties.
- Can exert good leadership skills and are well-able to coordinate workers and facilitate team communication
- Highly organised in both time and in resources; need to manage progress reports, timetables, and financial budgets
- Have a thorough understanding of project objectives and goals, ensuring all team members have the resources needed
- Have an analytical and critical mindset for making the best business and financial decisions for the project
- Can multitask, work well under pressure, and work efficiently to meet strict deadlines
- Have excellent interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with others