The current average salary of an
is $96,300 - 146,400 annually
Project managers supervise the development of company projects. Employment for this role is expected to grow moderately to 2022, from 113,300 workers in 2017 to 121,700 by 2022. 109,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the project management industry.
Project managers can lead employees to achieve company project goals, reach strict deadlines, and come up with innovative solutions within the development process.
- Are excellent communicators, both oral and written to collaborate effectively with others
- Can handle finances resourcefully, planning out project objectives within a given budget
- Have excellent time management skills to reach strict, tight deadlines
- Are innovative thinkers with an ability to provide solutions and implement changes when needed
- Well-organised to manage multiple responsibilities at once
- Excellent leaders with an ability to effectively delegate tasks, maintain consistent progress and carry out client meetings