The current average salary of an
Project Vendor Manager
is $90,000 - 140,000 annually
Project vendor managers are responsible for ensuring that all terms and conditions are met between a business and a vendor. Employment for this role is expected to grow moderately to 2022, from 113,300 workers in 2017 to 121,700 by 2022. 109,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the Project Management industry.
Project vendor managers must have strong leadership skills and a sharp attention to detail to ensure that businesses are receiving the service guaranteed by their vendors.
- Are good with face-to-face communication, being in constant contact between a business and their vendor
- Have strong managerial skills to monitor project progress and ensure all business needs are being met
- Are analytical and aware of vendor’s strengths and weaknesses
- Are flexible to change and are skilled negotiators
- Are “people persons” and are able to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Have an excellent attention to detail to project requirements