The current average salary of an
Public Relations Manager
is $75,600 - 130,000 annually
What does a Public Relations Manager do?
Public relations managers coordinate activities related to marketing, sales and public relations. These activities include brand management, the monitoring of sales and multi media marketing campaigns.
Read more about the marketing industry.
What are the key skills of a Public Relations Manager?
Public relations managers work with clients to ensure the implementation and smooth running of an effective range of marketing and PR related tasks.
- Liaising with other managers and clients to devise marketing and public relations policies
- Being aware of the latest developments in marketing and sales technology
- Assessing and introducing new marketing and PR initiatives
- Overseeing existing marketing strategies and monitoring their effectiveness
- Managing a range of activities related to sales and sales targets
- Ensuring efficient merchandising and distribution
How to become a Public Relations Manager
To become a Public Relations Manager, you'll need to typically start off in a junior role like a Public Relations Officer and work your way up. If you would like to gain some key skills in public relations, you may benefit from studying a BSB50620 - Diploma of Marketing and Communication as a study pathway.
You may also benefit from studying a bachelor-level qualification in communications or media, which has a public relations focus to deepen your knowledge and expertise.