The current average salary of a public relations officer is $57,500 - 75,700 per annum
Public relations officers work with organisations to manage the reputation of an organisation through marketing and communication activities. They may work in an in-house PR department or through an agency. Employment for public relations officers to 2019 is expected to experience strong growth. Employment in this large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the marketing industry.
Public relations officers work with corporate clients and individuals to ensure the presentation of a positive image to a variety of communities.
- Taking responsibility for cohesive brand promotion and related communication tactics
- Explaining to managers the possible PR related outcomes of a variety of practices and policies
- Coordinating events to promote a strong and favourable corporate image
- Organising interviews with a variety of publicity media including newspapers, television and online presences
- Ensuring access to written information, photographs and videos suitable for publicity purposes
- Developing an awareness of the image and publicity activities of competitors