The current average salary of an
Small Business Manager
is $33,200 - 74,700 annually
What does a Small Business Manager?
Small business managers are responsible for the supervision of employees, marketing, customer service and paperwork of smaller organisations across a variety of industries.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be a Small Business Manager?
Small business managers coordinate the daily processes and procedures of a range of smaller organisations.
- Understand and take a role in developing company policies, strategies and procedures
- Direct the production, administration, sales and distribution of a smaller organisation
- Take responsibility for issues related to the hiring, performance management and training of company personnel
- Supervise marketing and branding operations according to sales goals
- Prepare reports including those related to budgets, profits and predictions
- Act as company representative at a range of official and promotional events
How to become a Small Business Manager
Small Business Managers generally require a bachelor's degree in business so they have the skills needed to manage the operational side of a small business.
If you're looking for a qualification to get started in this career pathway, consider doing a BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business. This course can give you the basic skills of starting and managing a small business venture of your own.