The current average salary of an
Small Business Owner
is $33,200 - 74,700 annually
What does a Small Business Owner?
Small business owners are entrepreneurs who start their own business, often responding to a dearth in the local market for their goods or services.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be a Small Business Owner?
Small business owners plan and organise the day-to-day operations of their business, providing the community with a range of products and services.
- Being hard working, dedicated, organised and highly motivated to succeed
- Planning and organising the day-to-day running of the business
- Recruiting and training staff, managing their daily performance and long-term goals
- Assessing changing business situations and gearing the business and staff to handle these changes
- Overseeing the functioning of various departments like accounting, marketing, sales and human resources
- Providing excellent customer service
How to become a Small Business Owner
Small Business Owners typically need a bachelor's degree in business to understand the operational side of having a small business.
However, studying a course like the BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business can help you develop the skills in preparing for unique and complex scenarios as an entrepreneur, which can be a great starting point.