The current average salary of an
Small Business Owner
is $68,000 - $88,000 annually
Small business owners are entrepreneurs who start their own business, often responding to a dearth in the local market for their goods or services. The sector is poised to be fairly stable over the next five years with over 20, 000 new openings. You need to be dedicated, driven and business-savvy to run a small business successfully.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
Small business owners plan and organise the day-to-day operations of their business, providing the community with a range of products and services.
- Being hard working, dedicated, organised and highly motivated to succeed
- Planning and organising the day-to-day running of the business
- Recruiting and training staff, managing their daily performance and long-term goals
- Assessing changing business situations and gearing the business and staff to handle these changes
- Overseeing the functioning of various departments like accounting, marketing, sales and human resources
- Providing excellent customer service