The current average salary of a software developer is $68,000 - 98,000 per annum
Software developers design, write and test computer programmes to meet a range of technological requirements. Employment for software developers to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Software developers work with computer systems writing the programme code that allows users to perform tasks as required.
- Liaise with clients to ascertain organisation and system requirements
- Contribute to technical design meetings
- Write and amend programme code
- Test and debug software and oversee pre-release trials
- Accurately record the development process
- Maintain computer systems