The current average salary of an Software Manager is $110,000 - 150,000 annually
Software managers oversee the development of software products to meet a range of technological requirements. Employment for software managers to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Software managers coordinate personnel and external suppliers to ensure that organisational programming needs are met.
- Liaise with prospective and current clients to ascertain software requirements
- Create business plans to ensure the successful commercial presentation of software products
- Oversee the development process and ensure adequate testing
- Ensure up to date training for software development personnel
- Keep abreast of current industry trends
- Prioritise development requirements and support the development team as necessary