The current average salary of a stock clerk is $50,300 - 63,200 per annum
Stock clerks work in warehouses or other storage facilities and deal with products as they move through the storage system and eventually out to customers. Employment for stock clerks to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this very large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the logistics industry.
Stock clerks deal with goods processing, stock control and distribution, often in warehouse situations.
- Receive goods, check labelling and possible damage and move them on through a system
- Work with stock inventory systems and understand stock control procedures
- Understand requisition paperwork and select merchandise accordingly
- Check and process orders for internal or external delivery
- Provide information about stock levels and pricing to interested parties
- Work within shipping procedures and defined logistics processes