The current average salary of a store manager is $50,602 - 70,000 per annum
Retail managers work in retail settings and manage the operations of a range of retail services including staff management, stock control and security. Employment for store managers to 2019 is expected to show moderate growth over the next 5 years. Employment in this very large occupation (231,000 in 2017) remained stable over the last 5 years.
Read more about the retail industry.
Store managers are responsible for the smooth and safe running of retail outlets. They deal with stock control, staffing, budgets and customer satisfaction.
- Marketing and promotional activities related to an individual retail outlet or chain
- Managing stock control processes and keeping accurate records
- Taking responsibility for marketing and purchase policies
- Ensuring that customers receive excellent service and advice
- Recruiting, supervising and training staff
- Making sure that all legal requirements are met, including health and safety requirements