The current average salary of an
is $85,200 - 104,500 annually
System designers create detailed design documentation for the development of computer systems in accordance to business needs. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 36,700 workers in 2017 to 41,000 by 2022. 24,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the information technology industry.
System designers are logical, analytical, and have a high-level knowledge of IT and computer engineering.
- Ability to solve complex problems with an analytical, systematic approach
- Ability to communicate and work well with others to ensure functionality in their design
- Have a keen attention to detail and are highly organised – especially when planning out a complex system design and the many components involved
- Exert strong leadership skills for delegating tasks or directing the work of others
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Have expertise in information technology and computing systems