The current average salary of a systems administrator is $68,100 - 90,700 per annum
Systems administrators oversee the configuration, maintenance and upkeep of organisational computer systems. They supervise other personnel and may hold budgets. Employment for systems administrators to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Systems administrators are responsible for the smooth running of the security, data management and operating systems of an organisation.
- Determine policies for IT equipment purchase and usage
- Manage the installation of computers including servers and remote working devices
- Implement and regularly test IT security systems
- Understand and ensure adherence to the legal requirements for an IT system
- Troubleshoot problems and deal with disaster recovery
- Liaise with managers and external suppliers regarding budgetary decisions