The current average salary of an
is $68,100 - 105,000 annually
What does a Systems Technician do?
Systems technicians support users with issues related to computer systems. They take responsibility for a range of security systems and conduct appropriate diagnostics.
Read more about the information technology industry.
What are the key skills of a Systems Technician?
Systems technicians install, configure, maintain and test computer systems including hardware, software and network components.
- Ensure the installation, configuration and maintenance of hardware and software related to computer systems
- Liaise with managers to ascertain user requirements and budgetary constraints
- Troubleshoot issues with network systems, software and hardware
- Provide technical advice and explanation as required
- Assist in training related to technical issues
- Make repairs and respond to support calls
How to become a Systems Technician
If you're looking to pursue the career pathway of Systems Technician, you'll need to get a qualification in information technology. It's recommended to study a ICT50220 - Diploma of Information Technology as this course can be undertaken while you do a traineeship or apprenticeship.