The current average salary of a systems technician is $46,400 - 85,600 per annum
Systems technicians support users with issues related to computer systems. They take responsibility for a range of security systems and conduct appropriate diagnostics. Employment for systems technicians to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this very large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Systems technicians install, configure, maintain and test computer systems including hardware, software and network components.
- Ensure the installation, configuration and maintenance of hardware and software related to computer systems
- Liaise with managers to ascertain user requirements and budgetary constraints
- Troubleshoot issues with network systems, software and hardware
- Provide technical advice and explanation as required
- Assist in training related to technical issues
- Make repairs and respond to support calls