The current average salary of a training and development manager is $90,000 - 132,300 per annum
Training and development managers ensure that staff training needs are met to enhance individual performance and encourage effective teamwork. Employment for training and development managers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this large occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the human resources industry.
Training and development managers ensure the effective development, implementation and evaluation of staff training programs.
- Liaise with other managers to ascertain training requirements and budgets
- Discuss development requirements with staff through performance management systems
- Lead or provide access to training programs to suit a range of developmental needs
- Create and ensure access to training materials including electronic materials
- Work within a set training budget
- Support staff and management as required at times of operational change