The current average salary of a web developer is $70,000 - 106,000 per annum
Web developers are responsible for the design and maintenance of websites. They may work within an organisation or in an agency setting. Employment for web developers to 2019 is expected to be stable over the next 5 years. Employment in this small occupation (8,800 in 2017) grew moderately in the last 5 years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Web developers are responsible for the planning, creation and maintenance of websites. They also develop audio, graphics, animations and videos to enhance websites.
- Combining creative elements with programming knowledge to produce websites to client specifications
- Developing and integrating a range of multimedia design elements to enrich websites
- Writing computer code and integrating it with particular design elements to create a seamless user experience
- Understanding and implementing network issues as they relate to website design
- Working with clients on development plans and future web strategies
- Using specific methods to analyse and improve the performance of websites