The current average salary of an WHS manager is $101,850 - 155,500 per annum
WHS Managers are responsible for the performance of their company’s health and safety team, ensuring all standards of business health and safety are understood and implemented. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 26,400 workers in 2017 to 30,600 by 2022. 16,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the WHS industry.
WHS advisors are required to exert strong leadership and communication skills to effectively supervise and ensure quality performance from their health and safety team.
- An excellent understanding of government legislation as well as their company policies and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills for training employees on WHS procedures and for advising WHS strategies
- Ability to identify hazards and control risks in the workplace; and implement health and safety plans
- High-level documentation skills for the recording, investigation, and reporting of safety performance
- Strong leadership and managerial skills to ensure the efficient and ethical performance of their health and safety team
- Ability to effectively handle injury and compliance investigations.