There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification.
Participants who enter this course may be already working in a supporting or community role and wish to enter a leadership role.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 2-3 years of experience with servicing the community
- hold a Diploma in a related discipline
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program
This qualification reflects the role of workers who are middle managers or managers across a range of community sector organisations. These people work independently and report to executive management, directors or boards of management. They undertake a range of functions requiring the application of knowledge and skills to achieve results in line with the organisation's goals and strategic directions.
At this level, workers have responsibility for planning and monitoring service delivery, recruitment and performance management of other paid or unpaid workers, managing risk and contributing to continuous improvement within the scope of their specific role. This may include management of a specific programs or project, or broader management of a community-based organisation, early childhood education service, not-for-profit organisation or community centre.
- Department Manager
- Disability Care facility manager
- Residential Care manager
- Drug and Alcohol Support facility manager
- Youth and/or Family Support Manager
- Health Education facility manager