If you're interested in pursuing a career in the drug and alcohol support sector, but need more experience in the field, our CHCSS00093 - Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set may be the perfect fit for you. This course will help you develop the general skills and knowledge required to support individuals affected by drug and alcohol addiction, making it an excellent option for anyone interested in exploring entry-level drug and alcohol support career opportunities.
Through this course, you'll learn about the effects of alcohol and other drugs on individuals, families, and communities, as well as the relevant legal and ethical frameworks in the drug and alcohol support sector. You'll develop key competencies that can prepare you for further study in this area, including how to provide support to individuals, implementing interventions, and monitoring progress.
What you'll learn:
This course comprises four units that can help you develop key competencies to prepare you for further study in alcohol and other drugs sector. In this course, you'll learn to:
- Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues
- Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
Work in a simulated workplace
Upskilled's CHCSS00093 - Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set offers a simulated workplace that helps you develop practical skills and knowledge to work effectively in the drug and alcohol support sector. Through our customised learning platform, you'll have access to a simulated workplace where you'll work on tasks commonly done in a drug and alcohol support environment.
The aim of the simulated workplace is to provide you with a context to the assessment tasks you'll be required to complete, allowing you to apply your learning to real-world scenarios. This practical approach to learning will equip you with the skills and confidence you need to succeed in the field of drug and alcohol support.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
Following enrolment, you can request further information from Student Support. A trainer will then be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.