There are now more opportunities for eligible South Australians to earn while they learn and develop new skills by studying qualifications through a government subsidised traineeship. Through Skilling South Australia Funding, the South Australian Government pays part of your course fees for you straight to your training provider, so you can focus on your training.
To take advantage of this opportunity, you need to check your eligibility, which may be based on your employment status and any training you’ve already completed.
Also, any subsidised training you may have previously undertaken will not affect your eligibility for subsidised training when undertaking an apprenticeship or traineeship.
To be eligible for Skilling South Australia funding, students need to be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- a permanent Australian resident, or
- an eligible visa holder, and
- 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, or
- 16 years or over, enrolled in school and undertaking training through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS), or
- undertaking training through a training contract
Eligible people may access:
- one foundation skills course (if assessed to need it)
- up to five bridging units at every qualification level (if assessed to need them)
- unlimited Training Priority courses