The current average salary of a IT systems manager is $89,200 - 134,900 per annum
IT systems managers oversee tasks to maintain networks and computer systems and keep these compatible with external systems. Employment for IT systems managers to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the Information Technology industry.
IT systems managers are responsible for the integrity, database management, security and performance of organisational computer systems.
- Liaise with other managers regarding system requirements
- Plan, strategise and implement action to meet specific system requirements
- Ensure that maintenance and support tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Allocate and oversee the work of IT developers
- Understand the training needs of individual personnel and ensure these are met
- Manage budgets and purchase software and hardware as necessary