The current average salary of a program manager is $154,000 - 262,000 per annum
Program managers oversee company programs, ensuring that all projects are running smoothly and efficiently. Employment for this role is expected to grow moderately to 2022, from 113,300 workers in 2017 to 121,700 by 2022. 109,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the project management industry.
Program managers are highly organised, skilled communicators; able to lead teams of workers and guiding them to achieve project goals.
- Strong managerial skills for delegating tasks, recruiting the best workers for projects and guiding them in the process
- Highly organised; able to keep track of team progress and provide regular project reports
- Able to multitask and deal with several clients
- Have a strong grasp of the company’s goals/targets and a determined mindset to achieve them
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work efficiently with others and achieve goals
- Able to identify opportunities for growth or improvement, to enhance business’ competitive position