In order to access this funding you will need to meet the following requirements at the time of enrolment:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months; or
- a person who holds a visa that is identified as being eligible, and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college except where the student:
- is undertaking a course of study leading to the completion of year 12 in an alternative program, or
- has an Exemption Certificate and the selected Skilled Capital qualification is an approved ASBA pathway.
Other eligibillity requirements for a Certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification
To be eligible for a Certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification, you must meet the above criteria, and:
- Not have completed a Certificate III or higher (excluding foundation skills qualifications) or
- Have suffered changed circumstances which impacts their ability to undertake training and/or work, such as ill health.
What does the initial skills assessment determine?
In each instance, the outcome of the initial skills assessment must identify that a certificate II qualification is an appropriate learning pathway.
The criteria for this involves:
- Not having completed a Certificate III level or higher qualification - to be identified from AVETMISS compliant enrolment form
- LLN assessment identifies Certificate II as an appropriate pathway - A signed and dated LLN assessment that documents the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level of the student and the assessor’s determination of whether the level of the qualification is appropriate.
Previous education and training will not impact your eligibility for Certificate III qualifications and above. However, you cannot be funded for a qualification you have completed within the last seven years. Also, you can only be subsidised for one Skilled Capital qualification at a time.
In each instance, the outcome of the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment conducted by your training provider must identify that a certificate II qualification is an appropriate learning pathway.