The current average salary of an
Assistant Software Developer
is $60,600 - 85,600 annually
Assistant software developers support the design, development and maintenance of computer software to suit a range of client needs. Employment for assistant software developers to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last 5 years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Assistant software developers perform a range of programming, testing and evaluation tasks according to organisation requirements.
- Remain up to date with the latest trends in software development
- Contribute to planning meetings and respond to development suggestions as appropriate
- Write and test program code to a specific design brief
- Find and correct errors through a systematic program of testing conventions
- Assist in the production and updating of operation and procedure guidelines
- Contribute to discussions regarding legal and budgetary constraints