The current average salary of a database developer is $77, 000 - 116, 750 per annum
Database developers create and implement computer databases for a range of organisations, usually within an IT department. Employment for database developers to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Database developers are responsible for the creation, deployment and secure running of organisational databases.
- Liaise with clients to determine present and future organisational database needs
- Design database systems to meet client requirements including database architecture, data tables and naming conventions
- Ensure that database systems maintain effective backup, recovery, integrity and security
- Develop and work within a systematic set of database testing and upgrading guidelines
- Ensure that databases and database documentation comply with legal requirements
- Work with external service providers to ensure an effective and robust database system