The current average salary of an
Disability Support Worker
is $52,000 - 65,150 annually
What does a disability support worker do?
Disability support workers help aged and disabled people with a range of daily tasks. These include personal hygiene facilitation, mobility support, shopping tasks, food preparation, housework tasks, and the coordination of social events. The provision of company and friendship is an important part of this job role, as is emotional support. Disability support workers may visit regularly or live in with their clients.
Read more about the community services industry.
What skills do you need to be a disability support worker?
Disability support workers help with customer independence and quality of life. They work in clients’ homes and provide both physical assistance and emotional support.
- Assisting people to perform important daily activities
- Facilitating daily personal hygiene and dressing tasks
- Performing home based tasks such as food preparation and housework
- Undertaking tasks outside the home such as shopping
- Ensuring a varied program of social activities
- Providing emotional support and friendship