The current average salary of an Family Support Worker is $51,300 - 69,500 annually
A family support worker is assigned to at-risk clients through governmental or social service agencies. They assess the needs of the family, help resolve issues and promote wellbeing, human rights and social justice. They may offer counselling and mediation services, identify appropriate social services and help families navigate the protocols of the social system.
Read more about the community services industry.
Family support workers give assistance to families facing social problems and act as a liaison between them and different government organisations.
- A caring personality with a strong sense of social justice and empathy
- A thorough understanding of services offered and systems to follow
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail to prepare reports, manage caseloads and follow-up appointments
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with a wide range of individuals
- Good problem solving skills, tact and diplomacy