The current average salary of an
Human Resources Manager
is $88,000 - 133,500 annually
Human resources managers oversee and manage a range of human resource activities relating to employees and the workplace. They work within organisational settings. Employment for human resources managers to 2019 is expected to experience strong growth over the next 5 years. Employment in this large occupation (46,900 in 2017) fell over the last 5 years.
Read more about the human resources industry.
Human resources managers ensure the smooth running and legal compliance of all activities related to employees, wages and employment terms and conditions.
- Working with business managers to plan, implement, oversee and evaluate human resource strategies
- Understand the legal and moral implications of recruitment, selection, induction, training and employee development
- Taking a leading role in the development of staff performance systems
- Negotiating with employees and outside agencies, including trade unions regarding employment conditions and payment
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements such as equal opportunities and health and safety legislation