The current average salary of an IT Administrator is $50,000 - 60,000 annually
IT administrators ensure the smooth running of computer and network systems. Their job role is wide ranging and can include both hardware and software responsibilities. Employment for IT administrators to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this medium sized occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
IT administrators maintain the network, servers and security systems of organisations. They are responsible for installation, testing and troubleshooting.
- Making IT system recommendations in line with client requirements
- Suggesting and implementing improvements for existing IT systems
- Engaging in routine configuration and installation tasks
- Troubleshooting problems with computer networks
- Setting up new user accounts and overseeing passwords and security measures
- Ensuring that back up systems are in place