The current average salary of an
is $90,000 - 145,000 annually
What does a Marketing Manager do?
Marketing managers oversee, assess and refine the marketing activities of an organisation in line with company sales goals.
Read more about the marketing industry.
What are the key skills of a Marketing Manager?
Marketing managers are responsible for the successful marketing of an organisation’s products or services.
- Liaise with other managers regarding sales objectives and targets
- Agree advertising campaigns and strategies within a given budget
- Keep up to date with current marketing practices
- Direct a range of marketing and advertising activities
- Evaluate the success of marketing campaigns using relevant data
- Coordinate research to ascertain potential future demand and trends
How to become a Marketing Manager
It's possible to become a Marketing Manager without any formal qualifications, however, employers may want candidates who have an educational background in marketing and communications.
Generally speaking, most Marketing Managers start off in a junior role such as a Marketing Coordinator and work their way up.
Studying the BSB50620 - Diploma of Marketing and Communication is a qualification that can help you gain the relevant skills and knowledge needed for this role.