The current average salary of an Product Manager is $84,000 - 103,000 annually
Product managers are responsible for overseeing the production of a business’ product (or products). Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 63,600 workers in 2017 to 70,300 by 2022. 43,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the marketing industry.
Product managers exert excellent leadership and managerial skills to ensure that product goals and standards are being met.
- Are excellent communicators, both oral and written to collaborate effectively with others
- Have strong leadership skills to direct their team and delegate work, as well as train newcomers
- Are good with managing expenses and making important financial choices
- Are innovative thinkers; may be required to contribute to new product marketing initiatives, ideas, and solutions
- Must be computer proficient with knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Are well versed in marketing and sales strategies