The current average salary of an
Social Media Strategist
is $75,000 - 117,000 annually
Social media strategists design and implement marketing strategies and advertisement campaigns for medium to large companies. They may be employed within a variety of industries. Employment for marketing professionals such as social media strategists is expected to grow strongly to 2022, reaching 70, 300. It is a very large occupation (63, 000 in 2017).
Read more about the marketing industry.
Social media strategists provide expertise relating to social media and marketing, advertising and promotions and engage with customers and clientele via a variety of social media platforms. They may run social media campaigns and respond directly to customer queries and concerns.
- Develop unique social media promotions and campaigns in order to attract new customers or clients and retain existing customers or clients.
- Maintain relationships with bloggers in order to have products and services promoted via popular accounts.
- Computer literacy including advanced understanding of all social media platforms, ability to analyse user engagement and other analytics.
- Produce reports on efficacy of current and former social media strategies.
- Ability to collaborate with workers across the company in order to better understand the desires of customers.
- Professional communication to all customer and enquiries and complaints across platforms.