The current average salary of an
Social Media Strategist
is $85,400 - 95,000 annually
What does a Social Media Strategist do?
Social media strategists design and implement marketing strategies and advertisement campaigns for medium to large companies. They may be employed within a variety of industries.
Read more about the marketing industry.
What are the key skills of a Social Media Strategist?
Social media strategists provide expertise relating to social media and marketing, advertising and promotions and engage with customers and clientele via a variety of social media platforms. They may run social media campaigns and respond directly to customer queries and concerns.
- Develop unique social media promotions and campaigns in order to attract new customers or clients and retain existing customers or clients.
- Maintain relationships with bloggers in order to have products and services promoted via popular accounts.
- Computer literacy including advanced understanding of all social media platforms, ability to analyse user engagement and other analytics.
- Produce reports on efficacy of current and former social media strategies.
- Ability to collaborate with workers across the company in order to better understand the desires of customers.
- Professional communication to all customer and enquiries and complaints across platforms.
How to become a Social Media Strategist
If you want to become a Social Media Strategist, you'll typically need a bachelor's degree in marketing, business or a related field. You can also start off in an entry-level position in marketing and work your way up to this particular role.
We recommend studying a 10904NAT - Diploma of Social Media Marketing if you want to have a good overview of key social media concepts and learn how to strategise effectively. Upskilled also has a Short Course in Social Media Marketing available if you want to learn some key social media skills quickly.