The current average salary of an WHS advisor is $84,000 - 126,350 per annum
WHS advisors are in charge of ensuring safe and healthy work conditions are maintained in the workplace. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 26,400 workers in 2017 to 30,600 by 2022. 16,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the WHS industry.
WHS advisors require a sound knowledge of their company policies and regulations to ensure proper compliance is practiced among workplace staff.
- An excellent understanding of government legislation as well as their company policies and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills for training employees on WHS procedures and for advising WHS strategies
- Ability to identify hazards and control risks in the workplace
- High-level documentation skills for the recording, investigation, and reporting of safety performance
- Respect for worker confidentiality and privacy
- Strong problem-solving skills for the development and implementation of effective WHS programs