It is important to look out for the safety of yourself and your employees while in the workplace. Our BSB41419 -Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (release 2) provides basic skills and knowledge for the performance of WH&S duties. Those who aspire to roles such as WH&S officers, risk assessors, or supervisors with significant WH&S responsibilities will be well-suited for this qualification as a fundamental first step.
What you'll learn
Over a 18 month period, students will learn to:
- Assist with mandatory WHS procedures such as hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control
- Respond to critical incidents
- Undertake workplace monitoring
- Comply with WHS laws.
Individuals undertaking the course will be provided full access to our online learning platform, MyUpskilled; unlimited access to Lynda.com; and regular contact with their trainer throughout their student experience.
The standard course is conducted over a 18 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
About Self-Paced Learning
Upskilled wants to ensure that you get the best online learning experience, which is why we offer flexible and self-paced courses to suit your needs.
While online learning provides you with the flexibility of managing both your personal and work schedule, it's important to have a consistent approach so you don't fall behind.
We want to help you succeed, which is why all the courses delivered through Upskilled come with a training plan to help you stay on track.
On average, Upskilled students take approximately 13 months to finish a course.
Simply put, the more hours you dedicate to your course, the closer you'll be to the finish line.
This course is designed to be completed within 12-18 months.
There is no minimum timeframe to complete this course. Students who are highly motivated, well-organised, experienced and committed to making time to study can complete the qualification at an accelerated pace.
Please speak with one of our Education Consultants about your study and course completion goals.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.