This qualification will suit you if you have existing experience in the business field and want to expand your career options in management. It can help boost your skills so that you're prepared to work across a variety of business settings.
Whether you're looking to make your next career move in management or simply want to be promoted into a senior role, this course will provide you the training needed to manage budgets, develop workplace policies and manage business resources - all core areas that can help you build a rewarding career in business management.
About Self-Paced Learning
Upskilled wants to ensure that you get the best online learning experience, which is why we offer flexible and self-paced courses to suit your needs.
While online learning provides you with the flexibility of managing both your personal and work schedule, it's important to have a consistent approach so you don't fall behind.
We want to help you succeed, which is why all the courses delivered through Upskilled come with a training plan to help you stay on track.
On average, Upskilled students take approximately 13 months to finish a course.
Simply put, the more hours you dedicate to your course, the closer you'll be to the finish line.
How many hours per week should I dedicate to my course?
We recommend spending at least 17-27 hours per week of study in order to stay on track with your studies. Based on this range, it may take you up to 24 months to complete a diploma-level qualification.
How quickly you finish a course is also dependent on your existing skills and experience.
This is simply a guide to help you better understand how many hours you ideally need to spend on your studies. We understand that everyone approaches learning differently, but rest assured, you'll still have a great level of control in your learning.
Work in a simulated workplace
By studying with Upskilled, you'll get the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments that are related to a workplace environment.
With online learning, we want you to develop some "work-ready" skills that complement well with the theory components of your course.
A simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our customised learning platform, MyUpskilled.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
Free student membership with AIOP
Upskilled students who enrol in either a certificate or diploma-level qualification in business administration or business operations will receive a 12-month complimentary student membership with the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP).
The AIOP is a national association exclusive to administrative professionals across Australia. One of the key focuses of AIOP is to accelerate the professional development of those in the business community, ensuring that they have access to opportunities that can help them be active in their learning. Examples of professionals they support include:
- Executive Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Office Administrators
- Virtual Assistants
There are plenty of benefits that come with an AIOP student membership. These include:
- Networking and professional development events: You'll have the opportunity to access networking events at a discounted rate to help build professional connections in the business industry. For example, registration fees will be discounted for selected conferences and AIOP events.
- Enhancement of profession: You'll gain access to use post-nominal letters as a way to display your credentials as a business professional.
- A boost to your resume and career prospects: Displaying your AIOP student membership on your resume can help expand your career opportunities and provide recognition of your professional commitment towards prospective employers.
- Committee participation: You'll have the chance to participate in selected committees affiliated with AIOP. This can give you the platform to share your ideas and hone your skills in collaboration and leadership with others.
- Continued learning: Being a student member of AIOP means you'll have opportunities to further your education and continue building your skills through workshops and webinars.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.