Get ready to take the social media world by storm through this 12 month course that covers the process of planning, implementing, and managing social media strategies, email marketing, and content marketing. Students will also learn how to interpret trends and growth in certain markets and measure the effectiveness of existing digital marketing tactics. Qualified individuals will be available to find job role opportunities as a social media manager, strategist, coordinator, and more.
This covers a comprehensive range of units that teach the core skills of marketing on social media platforms. Material covered includes: planning and managing content marketing strategies, managing email marketing and managing budgets and plans.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are not entry requirements in the Accredited Course for this qualification.
The participants for the 10118NAT - Diploma of Social Media Marketing may be already working in Marketing or in an allied field or have expressed an interest in entering the Social Media Marketing field.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 1-2 years of experience in business or marketing roles
- hold a certificate IV in a similar discipline
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base in marketing and demonstrate a range of managerial skills to ensure that marketing functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Typically, they would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams in conducting marketing campaigns.
These social media/digital specific job profiles include, but are not
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media / Community Manager
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.