We are proud to partner with Social Media College and their award-winning and innovative online learning content - designed to ensure Upskilled students gain the essential skills and knowledge needed to establish successful careers in social media.
Looking to tap into the exciting world of social media? The 10904NAT - Diploma of Social Media Marketing is a qualification that offers a jump start to a career in this field. If you want to know how to become a social media manager or improve your social media skills, this course is for you.
Gain real life skills
The Diploma of Social Media Marketing is comprehensive and highly practical, giving you the tools you need to create, implement and run social media campaigns with confidence. In addition, you will develop skills in other related areas in marketing such as content marketing and project management.
Covering an end-to end education in social media marketing and aligning to the typical social media marketing process, you will learn
- Paid social media advertising
- Content creation and design
- How to develop an effective social media strategy
- Personal brand marketing
- Social media conversion strategies
- Organic social media marketing
You will also cover 11 social media networks including the BIG 5, facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter as well as those that are considered more niche. You will gain further insights on trends within the industry and will keep up to speed with emerging channels such as TikTok.
Who is this course for?
- Students / Job Seekers: Studying this diploma-level qualification can help you build out an impressive portfolio which you can use to seek out your dream roles in social media marketing.
- Business Owners: If you're someone that owns a business, you know it's crucial to have an effective social media marketing strategy, so you'll benefit from studying this course by getting the skills to promote your business across digital channels.
- Media and Marketing Professionals: If you have plans to accelerate your career, this qualification can give you access to all the resources you need to become a social media expert.
A course designed by industry experts
Developed by our partners Social Media College, 10904NAT Diploma of Social Media marketing is an accredited qualification that has been written by current practitioners and social media industry veterans.
A range of professionals including educational advisors, industry experts, business owners and employers of social media professionals have contributed and analysed the current key skills and qualifications needed in social media marketing.
Knowing that this course has been designed by experts can give you the assurance that you'll be in good hands, receiving the training you need to help you find career success in social media.
Highly practical and comprehensive
There's no supplement to practical experience, so the 10904NAT - Diploma of Social Media Marketing will put you in the deep-end and will have you participate in array of activities that help sharpen your skillset in social media marketing.
You'll be well-equipped with tools and additional resources to help you develop required skills, such as:
- Tailoring social media and digital marketing strategies
- Creating a social media and digital strategy in line with an organisation's vision, mission, values and objectives
- Writing and developing content in line with an organisation''s brand identity and marketing strategies
- Using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to determine effectiveness of social media marketing efforts
This is a hands-on diploma-level qualification so if you're someone that learns from doing, then this is for you. You'll have the opportunity to access templates, participate in discussions and activities, and be involved in the action planning that comes with social media marketing.
You'll take with you a comprehensive digital portfolio with additional resources that can help you apply what you've learnt into real-work scenarios.
Digital is in-demand
According to Statista, there are 18 million active social media users in Australia as of September 2020. With technology rapidly evolving, businesses have had to pivot their marketing strategies - seeking opportunities in digital, foregoing traditional media and advertising methods like print, television and radio.
Businesses realise that generations like millennials and Gen Z are active online and in order to reach them, a digital strategy is needed to promote their products and services.
Career opportunities in social media are expected to surge as more businesses seek opportunities to advertise online, with employers on the lookout for professionals with a strong social media skillset. Successful completion of the 10904NAT - Diploma of Social Media Marketing can help you achieve the following career outcomes:
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Community Manager
Whether you're an aspiring social media manager, or one that is keen to be an expert in the digital marketing sphere, this accredited course can further develop your skillset so you can plan, implement and optimise content like a social media pro.
This qualification comprises units that will help boost your knowledge and skills in social media marketing. This course won't pigeon-hole you into one area of digital marketing - you'll also learn other relevant topics like writing compelling copy, project management and implementing and executing social campaigns in line with an organisation's values and objectives.
The field of social media marketing is constantly evolving, so this unique qualification will also provide you with training in applications you may use, as well as supplying templates to help you organise content and plan campaigns. These can be tailored to the social media objectives you're trying to achieve for your business or organisation.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Plan, conduct and optimise organic social media marketing
- Plan implement and manage content marketing
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Plan implement and manage social media conversion strategies
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Organisation skills
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.
Hear from our students about their experience studying with Upskilled: