The Certificate IV in Web Based Technologies provides an individual with the skills and knowledge to design, develop, build and administer websites using a range of website technologies.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies (ICT40315) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- MTA: Database – Database Fundamentals
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 – Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014; and Administering
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases; and Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
- MTA: Developer – HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
Vendor Neutral Courses
- Writing Research Papers
- Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Installation and Configuration
- Integration Services Fundamentals
- Advanced Integration Services Parts 1 and 2
- Introduction to ASP.NET
- Creating a Storyboard
- T-SQL Window Functions
- Introduction to Web Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- ASP.NET MVC
- Web Servers
- Server 2012 Web and Application Platform
- Introduction to Copyright
- Ethics in Leadership
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Accessibility on the Internet
- Designing a Presentation
- Presentation Fundamentals
- Getting Your Point Across
- Introduction to Customer Service
- ITIL Foundations
- Planning a Web Design Portfolio: Getting a Job
- Introduction to Database Concepts
- Introduction to SQL Server
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Advanced Programming
- Privacy, Ethics and Copyright
- Business Needs Analysis
- Translate Business Needs
- Enterprise Strategic Planning
- Writing Technical Documentation
- Introduction to Project Mangement Principles
- Project Integration
- Articulate, Present and Debate Ideas
- Work Health and Safety
- Service Desk Analyst
- The ITIL Framework
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media, and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115 OR
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of web-related work environments in website development, administration, or management
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work, and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and upon successful completion, certification for ICT40315 Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies.
IT students also have access to the Lynda.com and Pluralsight.com online training library. These provide a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification.
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All competencies must be successfully completed to attain the certificate.
The program is broken into 4 logical clusters of training within the broad category of ICT systems: 1/ Core Infrastructure; 2/ Continuity & Security; 3/Continuous Improvement; and 4/ Service Delivery & Governance
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|ICTWEB403||Transfer content to a website using commercial packages|
|ICTWEB402||Confirm accessibility of websites for people with special needs|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTWEB429||Create a markup language document to specification|
|ICTWEB401||Design a website to meet technical requirements|
|ICTWEB424||Evaluate and select a web hosting service|
|ICTWEB425||Apply structured query language to extract and manipulate data|
|ICTICT408||Create technical documentation|
|ICTWEB407||Conduct operational acceptance tests of websites|
|ICTWEB404||Maintain website performance|
|ICTWEB408||Ensure basic website security|
|ICTWEB409||Develop cascading style sheets|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB406||Create website testing procedures|
|BSBCRT401||Articulate, present and debate ideas|
|ICTDBS403||Create basic databases|
|ICTPMG401||Support small scale ICT projects|
|ICTWEB405||Monitor traffic and compile website traffic reports|
|ICTWEB415||Produce server side script for dynamic web pages|
This qualification suits individuals who are seeking to specialise in either design and production or the management and administration of websites, corporate intranets and extranets. Possible job titles include:
- Web Developer
- Technical Writer
- Webmaster Assistant
- Website Coordinator
- Website or Web Support Administrator
- Assistant Web Designer
This qualification covers the learning content for the following Vendor Certifications:
MTA: Database Fundamentals
MTA: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
MCSA: SQL Server 2012
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled Certificate, Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product along with studying these materials.
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($580) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,270
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $38 a week.
Total course cost: $3,850
This course is eligible for Smart & Skilled (NSW) funding. Enquire now to find out if you're eligible.