Individuals will be trained across a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge, such as virtualisation; technical documentation; ICT privacy, ethics, and copyright; and project management. The course places significant focus on ICT networks, providing skill training in the management of network and data integrity, network security, small enterprise branch networks, and more. Qualified students will be able to find employment opportunities as an independent network support technician or as part of a team.
This course uses a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Networking Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows client – Installing and Configuring Windows client; and Configuring Windows Devices
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows Server – Installing and Configuring Windows Server; and Administering Windows Server; and Configuring Windows Server
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Security Fundamentals
- Writing Research Papers
- Introduction to Computers, Servers and Networks
- Setting up a Small Office Network
- Introduction to Virtualisation
- Threats to Vulnerabilities
- Virtualisation Disaster Recovery
- Ethics in Leadership
- Introduction to Copyright
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Project Management
- Introduction to Client Training
- Intro Computer Server Networks
- Disaster Recovery
- Privacy, Ethics, Copyright
- Business Needs Analysis
- Translate Business Needs
- Enterprise Strategic Direction
- Writing Technical Documentation
- Environmental Procedures in the Workplace
- Providing Support 1 and 2
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Integration
- Work Health and Safety
- The ITIL Framework
- Client Training
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.