Over the course of 12 months, students will be trained through a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials, covering topics such as ICT project management, server configuration, development of workplace policy and procedures for sustainability, product evaluation, and more. Along with technical knowledge, students will also be trained in the basics of business needs, disaster recovery, and OHS within an ICT context.
This course uses a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
|Vendor Aligned Courses
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- MCSA: Windows Server – Installing, Configuring and Managing Windows Server; and Networking with Windows Server and Administering Windows Server
- Windows client Installing and Configuring
- ITIL Foundations
- Project Management
- Business Needs
- Disaster Recovery
- Network Attached Storage
- SOHO Routers/Wireless
- IT Governance
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Practice - Practice exercise files are provided through eLearning to support understanding and application of knowledge.
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent to meet academic requirements. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.
Candidates will have access to three simulated workplaces, ‘Talon Textile Fasteners’, ‘Springy Things ‘R’ US’ and ‘Skillage I.T.’, throughout the course to practice and complete assessments for various techniques and skills. Talon Textile Fasteners and Springy Things ‘R’ US are manufacturing organisations and Skillage I.T. is a service provider. Candidates will work within the organisations’ framework to ensure they are following policy and legislative requirements.