A short course can give you valuable skills to prepare you for the workforce and provide you with the training needed in your industry. It's also an opportunity for you to further develop transferable skills that can help you make a seamless career move.
Transferable skills you may develop along the way include:
- Critical analysis
Whether you're a school leaver wanting to learn new skills for your first job, or an established professional looking to broaden your skill set, a short course can be a great opportunity for you to still upskill without sacrificing so much time out of your busy schedule.
There are plenty of benefits that come with undertaking short courses online. These include:
- The opportunity to learn on your own terms. Short courses have been created to expand your skills in a quicker time frame, as opposed to doing an entire university degree. This is ideal if you already have credentials but have a strong preference in learning key skills rather than studying broader subjects that may not be applicable for a role you're planning on pursuing.
- An increased earning potential. If you want to move up a salary bracket or get a promotion at work, it makes sense to do some extra study to build an impressive skill set in pursuit of roles that offer high salaries. Short courses can complement your existing credentials and build on skills you already have, which can lead to expanding your career opportunities or securing that promotion at work.
- You can build skills for a new career path. Short courses can be perfect if you're planning to make your next move in a different industry. Upskilled's short courses typically have units that are recognised in full diploma or certificate-level qualifications, so if you enjoy the introductory units, you can pursue further study and make a seamless career change.
The best online short courses are ones that offer flexibility and quality learning resources. At Upskilled, we do our best to ensure that you walk away with more knowledge and skills to help you feel empowered in making your next career move.
Below are some reasons why you should consider studying an online short course with Upskilled:
- Student support team: We have student support consultants that are available to assist should you come across any problems related to your course. They'll be ready to assist you when it comes to course access, putting you in touch with your trainer and keeping you in check with your studies.
- Additional learning content: Our online short courses have additional learning content included. Some include exclusive video content from popular third-party sources such as LinkedIn Learning, ClickView and Pluralsight. Others have role-playing assessments that can prepare you for real-work scenarios.
- Receive an industry-recognised certificate of attainment: Most of our short courses offer a certificate of attainment if you successfully complete them. This is nice to have, particularly if you're wanting to get a promotion or looking to secure another role in your industry. By having this, it can be a positive step in working towards your career goals without the added pressure of committing to a longer course.