Interested in a career in technology,
but don’t know where to start? Bootcamps are a fast-paced way to gain real-life and practical skills to help you work towards your dream career. If you’re someone that’s particularly interested in working with data, then a data scientist bootcamp may be of interest to you. Read on to learn more about bootcamps and why they can help you kickstart your career in the world of data!
What is a data scientist bootcamp?
A data scientist bootcamp is an intensive program designed to set you up for a career as a data scientist (hence the name). It’s a highly targeted and focused course that provides relevant training and skills. Upskilled offers a Data Scientist Bootcamp
and a Data Analyst Bootcamp
to help you gain industry-relevant experience from the comfort of your own home. Bootcamps can help you gain the confidence and skills needed to make a name for yourself as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst or Data Engineer
, as well as a range of other technology-related roles.
Upskilled’s Data Scientist Bootcamp explores areas of data science and machine learning. You’ll look at technologies like Python, R and Tableau, as well as data interpretation and machine learning. You’ll also learn to apply linear and non-linear regression models, logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, K-NN and pipeline – and much, much more!
These bootcamps will often also include real world examples from some of the world’s most recognisable companies. As part of Upskilled’s Data Scientist Bootcamp, you will get the chance to work on projects from Amazon, Walmart, Mercedes Benz and more. These examples are designed to prepare you for a career in data science, as they are a way for those involved in the bootcamp to apply your skills and approaches in a practical context.
What are the different types of bootcamps?
There are a range of technology-related bootcamps that you can undertake, depending on what skills you’re looking to gain and what section of the technology sector you’re most interested in. By completing a bootcamp, you’re getting specialised tuition that focuses on the niche you’re looking to further explore, so they’re especially beneficial for people that are looking to pivot careers/build on an existing technology-related skillset.
Some of the most popular types of bootcamps include:
- Data science bootcamps
- Coding bootcamps
- Cybersecurity bootcamps
- Web development bootcamps
- Software engineering bootcamps
- Data analytics bootcamps
- User-centred design bootcamps
Bootcamps can also be delivered in a range of mediums, depending on what best suits your lifestyle. Bootcamps can be either partly or wholly remote, self-paced or on campus. They can also be full-time or part-time, depending on what best suits your lifestyle. Upskilled’s bootcamps are delivered fully online and involve a combination of live virtual classes and self-paced learning. If you’re someone that’s already working, or you’re looking to make a career move in months, not years, then a bootcamp might just be right for you.
What are the benefits of data scientist bootcamps?
Now you know what a data scientist bootcamp is, it’s important to understand what someone can get out of completing a bootcamp. They differ from other forms of higher education, so it’s important to head into a bootcamp with a clear understanding (and clear expectations) of what the experience will be like. That way, you’re setting yourself up from success. Some of the benefits include:
- Bootcamps differ from arduous, time-intensive degrees. If you’re looking to become a data scientist, but you’re not able to commit to a degree that can go for years (and may not provide you with the practical, job-ready skills you’re looking for), then a bootcamp is a highly beneficial alternative.
- Gain practical, job-ready skills. If you’re someone that learns by doing, then a bootcamp might be right for you. Bootcamps are designed to put people in positions where you can apply the skills and knowledge you’ve learned, rather than making you wait until you get to the ‘real world’ to try and use your skills for the first time.
- Keep your data science-related knowledge and skills up to date. The world of data science is always evolving, so a practical, hands-on bootcamp gives you the chance to keep on top with the latest developments. Technology is always advancing, so understanding the innovative technology is paramount.
- Learn from the experts. IBM experts have designed Upskilled’s Data Scientist Bootcamp, so it’s a chance for those looking to learn more about data science to hear from those who have worked in the industry.
- Meet like-minded individuals. Networking is an important part of finding your dream career, and bootcamps are an excellent way of potentially meeting your future colleagues. Make long-lasting connections while you learn!
Whether you’re someone that’s looking to change a career, someone that’s just finished high school or anywhere in between, a Data Scientist Bootcamp might give you the confidence and ability to make your most rewarding career move yet. Upskilled’s education consultants can provide more information about the bootcamp so you can understand whether completing a bootcamp is the right move for you.
Looking to enrol in a bootcamp, or just looking to gain practical new skills? Upskilled can help. Upskilled offers a range of nationally recognised qualifications across a range of sectors to help you get ahead in the world of work. To learn more you can visit Upskilled’s website here, and gain valuable work-related tips and insights by visiting Upskilled’s SkillsTalk blog here!