The current average salary of an
is $55,000 - 63,000 annually
What does an office administrator do?
Office administrators perform a wide range of administrative support roles to professionals in a range of occupations. They may have particular project responsibilities. Employment for office administrators to 2019 is expected to fall. Employment in this large organisation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be an office administrator?
Office administrators are responsible for the smooth running of a number of administrative and support tasks. Their work supports a range of people in professional roles.
- Use relevant equipment and software to audio and copy type letters, reports, emails and other documents
- Take and deal efficiently with enquiries via telephone, email or letter
- Organise and collate paperwork according to requirements
- Ensure that filing systems are used accurately and comply with legal requirements
- Organise resources for meetings and take notes as required
- Manage budgets, statistical data and office financial systems including petty cash