Are you looking to expand your business administration skills? Our BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Administration) (release 1) is a qualification that can get you up to speed if you're looking for a promotion in this specialisation.
If you're already working as an Office Administrator or Administrative Assistant and looking for the next career challenge, studying this course can help prepare you for more complex administrative and operational tasks within an office setting.
This certificate-level qualification gives you the opportunity to gain specialist skills, helping you prepare for mid-level roles in the business administration sector.
What you'll learn
This qualification comprises units that can help you explore more career opportunities in business administration within a mid-level capacity. You'll also have the opportunity to develop a broad range of business skills, which can help you pursue a promotion or a career change. In this course, you'll learn to:
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Organise business meetings
- Support human resources functions
- Coordinate business resources
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Problem-solving skills
- Team collaboration
- Critical thinking skills
Interested in another specialisation? Check out our other Business courses below:
Work in a simulated workplace
By studying with Upskilled, you'll get the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments that are related to a workplace environment.
With online learning, we want you to develop some "work-ready" skills that complement well with the theory components of your course.
A simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our customised learning platform, MyUpskilled.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
Free student membership with AIOP
Upskilled students who enrol in either a certificate or diploma-level qualification in business administration or business operations will receive a 12-month complimentary student membership with the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP).
The AIOP is a national association exclusive to administrative professionals across Australia. One of the key focuses of AIOP is to accelerate the professional development of those in the business community, ensuring that they have access to opportunities that can help them be active in their learning. Examples of professionals they support include:
- Executive Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Office Administrators
- Virtual Assistants
There are plenty of benefits that come with an AIOP student membership. These include:
- Networking and professional development events: You'll have the opportunity to access networking events at a discounted rate to help build professional connections in the business industry. For example, registration fees will be discounted for selected conferences and AIOP events.
- Enhancement of profession: You'll gain access to use post-nominal letters as a way to display your credentials as a business professional.
- A boost to your resume and career prospects: Displaying your AIOP student membership on your resume can help expand your career opportunities and provide recognition of your professional commitment towards prospective employers.
- Committee participation: You'll have the chance to participate in selected committees affiliated with AIOP. This can give you the platform to share your ideas and hone your skills in collaboration and leadership with others.
- Continued learning: Being a student member of AIOP means you'll have opportunities to further your education and continue building your skills through workshops and webinars.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
Following enrolment, you can request further information from Student Support. A trainer will then be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.