This qualification will suit you if you have a strong interest in a career in business administration but have limited experience in the field. You may be someone who has completed Year 10 and want to undertake a role where you can have the opportunity to gain a variety of useful business skills. You could also be in the following job roles and are looking to upskill:
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- General Clerk
- Junior Personal Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Word Processor.
Upon completion of this course, the career pathways you choose to pursue may involve carrying out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks, as well as providing technical advice and support to a team.
This course will have you exploring the use of digital technologies, applying critical thinking skills and undertaking project work, which are all relevant to business administration.
This qualification comprises units that will teach the skills and knowledge needed to carry out a range of administrative and clerical tasks, which may help you pursue career pathways in office administration or similar.
You will also get the opportunity to be trained in different areas of business like maintaing workplace safety and participating in sustainable work practices.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- Articulate, present and debate ideas
- Engage in workplace communication
- Use inclusive work practices
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Critical thinking skills
- Complex problem-solving
- Communication skills
- Collaborating with others
Work in a simulated workplace
By studying with Upskilled, you'll get the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments that are related to a workplace environment.
With online learning, we want you to develop some "work-ready" skills that complement well with the theory components of your course.
A simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our customised learning platform, MyUpskilled.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
- Video content access via:
Show Off Your Achievements with Upskilled Digital Credentials!
Students who successfully complete their qualification receive a digital badge from Upskilled to display on LinkedIn and other social media platforms, your resume and more. Our sharable badges are portable, verifiable credentials that validate your knowledge, skills and experience in the area of your studies.
Since you worked hard to earn it - why not show everyone your accomplishments?
Free student membership with AIOP
Upskilled students who enrol in either a certificate or diploma-level qualification in business administration or business operations will receive a 12-month complimentary student membership with the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP)
The AIOP is a national association exclusive to administrative professionals across Australia. One of the key focuses of AIOP is to accelerate the professional development of those in the business community, ensuring that they have access to opportunities that can help them be active in their learning. Examples of professionals they support include:
- Executive Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Office Administrators
- Virtual Assistants
There are plenty of benefits that come with an AIOP student membership. These include:
- Networking and professional development events: You'll have the opportunity to access networking events at a discounted rate to help build professional connections in the business industry. For example, registration fees will be discounted for selected conferences and AIOP events.
- Enhancement of profession: You'll gain access to use post-nominal letters as a way to display your credentials as a business professional.
- A boost to your resume and career prospects: Displaying your AIOP student membership on your resume can help expand your career opportunities and provide recognition of your professional commitment towards prospective employers.
- Committee participation: You'll have the chance to participate in selected committees affiliated with AIOP. This can give you the platform to share your ideas and hone your skills in collaboration and leadership with others.
- Continued learning: Being a student member of AIOP means you'll have opportunities to further your education and continue building your skills through workshops and webinars.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.