This qualification is ideal if you're interested in pursuing management-level roles in the human resources industry. If you're aspiring to move up the career ladder or simply want to build professional experience in the field, this course can train you up in the core elements of human resouces.
The topics you'll touch upon include the implementation of WHS policies, procedures and programs, managing employee and industrial relations, and the management of recruitment and onboarding.
This qualification comprises units that can prepare you for a number of positions in the human resources field. If you're a natural people-person and enjoy working with individuals from different backgrounds, this course can equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to help advance your career in human resources.
From this course, you'll learn to:
- Coordinate the learning and development of teams and individuals
- Coordinate workplace plan implementation
- Facilitate performance development process
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Develop strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Cultural sensitivity
- Analytical skills
Work in a simulated workplace
By studying with Upskilled, you'll get the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments that are related to a workplace environment.
With online learning, we want you to develop some "work-ready" skills that complement well with the theory components of your course.
A simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our customised learning platform, MyUpskilled.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
- video content access via:
Show Off Your Achievements with Upskilled Digital Credentials!
Students who successfully complete their qualification receive a digital badge from Upskilled to display on LinkedIn and other social media platforms, your resume and more. Our sharable badges are portable, verifiable credentials that validate your knowledge, skills and experience in the area of your studies.
Since you worked hard to earn it - why not show everyone your accomplishments?
Free student membership with AHRI
Upskilled students who enrol in either a certificate or diploma-level qualification in human resources will benefit from a complimentary 12-month student membership with the Australian HR institute (AHRI).
The AHRI is a national association representing 20,000 members from Australia and across the globe - specifically those working as human resource and people management professionals.
There are plenty of benefits that come with an AHRI student membership. These include:
- Networking and events: You'll have opportunities where you can network with those already in the industry. This means having access to exclusive forums, conferences and national events where you can connect with like-minded professionals. Student members get special discounted rates to attend networking events.
- Access to HR resources and research: You'll keep updated with the latest news, opinion and research with HRM magazine, Gartner publications and the Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources. These resources can provide additional support towards your studies. You'll also gain access to exclusive content like checklists, guidelines and policy templates.
- Opportunity to join the AHRI mentoring program: You can gain access to the AHRI nine-month mentoring program where you're assigned a mentor who can provide guidance and support needed to land your first HR job or help with your studies.
- Professional development: You'll have the opportunity to do further study with an AHRI student membership. This means you can gain extra merit as an aspiring HR professional with access to short courses, elearning, webinars and in-house training at a special discounted rate.
- Access to exclusive LinkedIn group: As a student member, you'll get to join the AHRI Members Lounge - an exclusive LinkedIn group where you get to see online discussions from HR professionals around Australia.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.