This qualification is ideal if you're interested in pursuing management-level roles in the human resources industry. If you're aspiring to move up the career ladder or simply want to build professional experience in the field, this course can train you up in the core elements of human resouces.
The topics you'll touch upon include the implementation of WHS policies, procedures and programs, managing employee and industrial relations, and the management of recruitment and onboarding.
This qualification comprises units that can prepare you for a number of positions in the human resources field. If you're a natural people-person and enjoy working with individuals from different backgrounds, this course can equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to help advance your career in human resources.
From this course, you'll learn to:
- Coordinate the learning and development of teams and individuals
- Coordinate workplace plan implementation
- Facilitate performance development process
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Develop strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Cultural sensitivity
- Analytical skills
Work in a simulated workplace
By studying with Upskilled, you'll get the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments that are related to a workplace environment.
With online learning, we want you to develop some "work-ready" skills that complement well with the theory components of your course.
A simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our customised learning platform, MyUpskilled.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
- video content access via:
12-Month free AHRI Membership for Upskilled students
Upskilled students who enrol in this qualification will be eligible for a free 12-month AHRI Student Membership, and will enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to the online AHRI: ASSIST resources includes HR templates, procedures and manuals
- GetAbstract Business Book summaries
- Access to Gartner Publications hosted on the AHRI website (includes HRBP Quarterly, Global Talent Monitor, CHRO Quarterly & Talent Analytics Quarterly)
- E-HR news periodicals
- Free attendance to most AHRI network forums
- Member discount offers for AHRI events and education
- Access to apply for the AHRI mentoring program
Speak to an Education Consultant today for more information on AHRI student membership.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.