Are you interested in building a career in business and already have an impressive skillset when carrying out administration or operational tasks? The BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Operations) (release 1) is a nationally-recognised qualification that can boost your knowledge and skills, particularly in settings where administrative and business support is required.
Otherwise, you may be already working in the business field and looking to broaden your skillset - either to apply for that promotion or to gain a variety of useful business skills. This course can also prepare you for the career pathway of Office Administrator or Administration Assistant.
Interested in another specialisation? Check out our other Business courses below:
This qualification comprises units that covers relevant topics covered in the business field, including business risk management processes, recruitment and onboarding, and the use of digital technologies in the workplace.
This course has been designed to equip you with the skills needed to carry out administrative/business support in a variety of work settings.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Apply business risk management processes
- Implement and monitor WHS polices, procedures and programs
- Research and develop business plans
- Develop personal work priorities
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Critical thinking skills
- Complex problem-solving
- Communication skills
- Collaborating with others
Work in a simulated workplace
By studying with Upskilled, you'll get the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments that are related to a workplace environment.
With online learning, we want you to develop some "work-ready" skills that complement well with the theory components of your course.
A simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our customised learning platform, MyUpskilled.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
- video content access via:
Free student membership with AIOP
Upskilled students who enrol in either a certificate or diploma-level qualification in business administration or business operations will receive a 12-month complimentary student membership with the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP)
The AIOP is a national association exclusive to administrative professionals across Australia. One of the key focuses of AIOP is to accelerate the professional development of those in the business community, ensuring that they have access to opportunities that can help them be active in their learning. Examples of professionals they support include:
- Executive Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Office Administrators
- Virtual Assistants
There are plenty of benefits that come with an AIOP student membership. These include:
- Networking and professional development events: You'll have the opportunity to access networking events at a discounted rate to help build professional connections in the business industry. For example, registration fees will be discounted for selected conferences and AIOP events.
- Enhancement of profession: You'll gain access to use post-nominal letters as a way to display your credentials as a business professional.
- A boost to your resume and career prospects: Displaying your AIOP student membership on your resume can help expand your career opportunities and provide recognition of your professional commitment towards prospective employers.
- Committee participation: You'll have the chance to participate in selected committees affiliated with AIOP. This can give you the platform to share your ideas and hone your skills in collaboration and leadership with others.
- Continued learning: Being a student member of AIOP means you'll have opportunities to further your education and continue building your skills through workshops and webinars.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.