In order to access this funding* you will need to meet all of the requirements below:
- An Australian or NZ citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- aged 15 years or older
- live or work in Queensland
- have left school and have no previous qualifications at Certificate IV or higher (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training)
Concessional student status
In order to gain concessional student status, any of the following must apply:
Upskilled strives to ensure our website contains the most up-to-date information at all times. However, due to the limited and rapidly shifting nature of government funding availability, a course listed as qualifying for funding on our website may not have funded places available at the time of your enquiry. Upskilled cannot guarantee the availability of government funding for any course.
- The student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- The student provides the PQS with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include young people in detention)
- The student has a disability
- The student is an adult prisoner
- The Higher Level Skills Program is a Queensland Government training initiative, funded by the Queensland Government. Qualifications are delivered by Nationally Registered Training Organisation, Upskilled Pty Ltd, RTO 40374.
If the course you are interested in is not listed on our website, please contact us to discuss our other payment options.